Sunflower seed kernels
We source bakery grade sunflower seeds from Bulgaria and Romania and they are 99.99% pure with a shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacture.
Our 100% sunflower seeds are oval shaped kernels and grey, white and yellow in colour. They are shelled and hulled and mechanically cleaned and optically sorted. They are firm without lumps and are not brittle or moist. They are fresh and typically without taints or non-fresh characteristics.
Extraneous vegetable material makes up <0.03% with unhulled seeds / kernels /stick- tights discoloured seeds (smaller than ½) <0.1%, broken seeds <10% and insect damaged <0.1%. The product is free from glass, metal, plastic, wood, stones, mud balls, infestation, GMO, irradiation and additives.
Packaged in paper or polypropylene bags, ranging in size from 20kg to 1.1MT featuring the company name, product name, lot number, pack weight, BBE date, country of origin and country of processing, the product should be stored in a cool and dry place at ambient temperatures.
The microbiological and chemical specification is*:
- Aerobic plate count (TVC) <1,000,000 cfu/g
- Aflatoxin B1 <2 µg/kg
- Cadmium <0.6 mg/kg
- Coliforms <1,000 cfu/g
- E.coli <10 cfu/g
- Enterobacteriaceae <100,000 cfu/g
- Free Fatty Acids <2%
- Lead <0.2 mg/kg
- Moisture <8%
- Moulds <10,000 cfu/g
- Salmonella Absent in 25g
- Staphylococcus aureus <100 cfu/g
- Sum of Aflatoxin (B1, B2, G1, G2) <4 µg/kg
- Sum of pesticide is in line with current EU legislation (No. 396/2005)
- Yeasts <10,000 cfu/g
* The above specification was correct at the time of publishing but should be used as guidance only. For the current specification please contact us.
Please note: We recommend further testing before a ‘free from’ guarantee is made as we cannot guarantee our products have no minor traces from cultivation or transport contamination.