ourced from India and Guatemala, our hulled sesame seeds come with a minimum shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacture and are 99.98% pure.
The hulled sesame seeds are slightly hard, flat and oval, small sized and whitish beige in colour. The taste and odour characteristic of the product is without taints and non-fresh characteristics.
Broken (smaller than ½) seeds/kernels make up 0.01%, discoloured seeds/kernels <0.5% and extraneous vegetable material <0.02%. The product is free from glass, metal, plastic, wood, stones, mud balls, insect damage, infestation, GMO, and irradiation.
Available in sizes 12.5kg, 25kg and 750kg cartons, paper bags or tote bags, the packaging features the company and product name, allergen sesame, batch number, pack weight, BBE date, country of origin and country of processing. The product should be stored in a cool, dry place at ambient temperature.
The microbiological unit and chemical specification is*:
- Aerobic plate county (TVC) <1,000,000 cfu/g
- Aflatoxin B1 <2 µg/kg
- Cadmium <0.6 mg/kg
- E.coli <10 cfu/g
- Free Fatty Acid (FFA) <1%
- Lead <0.5 mg/kg
- Moisture <6%
- Moulds <10,000 cfu/g
- Salmonella Absent in 25g
- Staphylococcus aureus <10 cfu/g
- Sum of Aflatoxin (B1,B2,G1, G2) <4 µg/kg
- Sum of pesticide is in line with current EU legislation (No. 396/2005)
- Yeasts <10,000 cfu/g
* The above specification was correct at the time of publishing but should be used as guidance only. For the current specification please contact us.
Please note: We recommend further testing before a ‘free from’ guarantee is made as we cannot guarantee our products have no minor traces from cultivation or transport contamination.