Sourced from the UK, Australia, Spain and China our poppy seeds have a minimum shelf life 12 months from the date of re-cleaning (Australia, UK), 24 months from the date of harvest (Spain) and 24 months from the date of production (China). They are 99.8% pure.
Extraneous vegetable material makes up <0.2% and the product is free from glass, metal, plastic, wood, GMO, irradiation, insect damage and infestation.
The poppy seed is a small, kidney shaped, odourless seed that is blue/greyish in colour. The texture is crisp and firm and the seed has no off-tastes or off-smells associated with it.
Packaged in 25kg or 50lbs paper or one MT bags featuring the company name, product name, lot number, pack weight, BBE date, country of origin and country of processing, the product should be stored in a cool and dry place below 15˚C.
The microbiological and chemical specification is*:
- Aerobic plate count (TVC) <1,000,000 cfu/g
- Aflatoxin B1 <2 µg/kg
- Bacillus cereus <100 cfu/g
- Cadmium <1.0mg/kg
- E.coli <100 cfu/g
- Enterobacteriaceae <100,000 cfu/g
- Lead <0.3 mg/kg
- Moisture <10%
- Moulds <10,000 cfu/g
- Salmonella Absent in 25g
- Staphylococcus aureus <100 cfu/g
- Sum of Aflatoxin (B1, B2, G1, G2) <4 µg/kg
- Yeasts <10,000 cfu/g
* The above specification was correct at the time of publishing but should be used as guidance only. For the current specification please contact us.