Sourced from Peru, Paraguay, Bolivia and Argentina, our chia seeds have a shelf life of 24 months minimum from the date of manufacture and are 99.9% pure.
The chia seed is < 2.5mm in size, homogenous and brilliant in appearance and brown, grey and white in colour. The chia seed has a mild and pleasant taste and odour. The product has no off-tastes or off-smells associated with it.
Extraneous vegetable material makes up <0.1% and broken (smaller than ½) seeds/kernels <0.5%. The product is free from stones, mud balls, insect damage and infestation.
Packaged in 20kg and 25kg paper or polypropylene bags featuring the company name, product name, lot number, pack weight, BBE date, country of origin and country of processing, the product should be stored in a cool and dry place at ambient temperatures.
The microbiological and chemical specification is*
- Aerobic plate count (TVC) <100,000 cfu/g
- Aflatoxin B1 <2 µg/kg
- Coliforms <100 cfu/g
- E.coli <10 cfu/g
- Moisture <10%
- Moulds <1,000 cfu/g
- Salmonella Absent in 25g
- Staphylococcus aureus <100 cfu/g
- Sum of Aflatoxin (B1, B2, G1, G2) <4 µg/kg
- Sum of pesticide is in line with current EU legislation (No. 396/2005)
- Yeasts <1,000 cfu/g
* The above specification was correct at the time of publishing but should be used as guidance only. For the current specification please contact us.
Please note: We recommend further testing before a ‘free from’ guarantee is made as we cannot guarantee our products have no minor traces from cultivation or transport contamination.