ourced from China our hulled buckwheat has a minimum shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacture. The product is 99.9% pure and free from glass, metal, plastic, wood, stones, GMO and irradiation.
The hulled buckwheat is a pyramid shaped kernel and pale green to light brown in colour. Broken kernels make up <5%, unhulled kernels <0.1% and discoloured/damaged kernels <2%. The product has no off-tastes or off-smells associated with it.
Packaged in 25kg or 1MT paper or tote bags featuring the company name, product name, lot number, pack weight, BBE date, country of origin and country of processing, the product should be stored in a cool and dry place at ambient temperatures.
The microbiological and chemical specification is*:
- Aerobic plate count (TVC) <500,000 cfu/g
- Aflatoxin B1 <2 µg/kg
- Cadmium <0.1mg/kg
- Coliforms <5,000 cfu/g
- E.coli <100 cfu/g
- Lead <0.2mg/kg or ppb
- Moisture <15%
- Moulds <10,000 cfu/g
- Ochratoxins (OTA) <5µg/kg
- Salmonella Absent in 25g
- Staphylococcus aureus <100 cfu/g
- Sum of Aflatoxin (B1, B2, G1, G2) <4 µg/kg or ppb
- Sum of pesticide is in line with current EU legislation (No. 396/2005)
- Yeasts <10,000 cfu/g
* The above specification was correct at the time of publishing but should be used as guidance only. For the current specification please contact us.
Please note: We recommend further testing before a ‘free from’ guarantee is made as we cannot guarantee our products have no minor traces from cultivation or transport contamination.